This eclectic historic residence is a conglomeration of several phases of construction, which began in 1862 and culminated in the 1930s, with an addition and gardens designed by renowned landscape architect Thomas Church, who made the property his home for many years. Our firm prepared a Historical Evaluation Report on the property and architectural drawings for property improvements. We continued work on the property as architect-of-record for the renovation of the basement and seismic retrofit of the building’s foundations. The basement consisted of irregular spaces and low ceilings and suffered from massive water intrusion during the rainy season. The construction included lowering the basement floor slab; installation of a sub-slab and perimeter drainage; and providing new and reinforced existing foundations and new shear wall panels, finishes, cabinetry, lighting, MEP work, a toilet room, and storage spaces. In addition, we reconstructed the failing exterior wood-framed garden wall at the street which supported historic ivy as part of the Thomas Church garden. The ivy was carefully supported during construction and the new wall with wood framing on reinforced concrete foundations was finished with siding to match the original.