Built in 1888 by the Masons, the Bayview Opera House was the first community center building in an undeveloped area outlying San Francisco. Its long history included its association with the adjacent Masonic Lodge, followed by ownership by an independent performance company, and final acquisition by the City of San Francisco. The recent project included repair of deteriorated materials, seismic work, and accessibility upgrades funded in part by the Mayor’s Office on Disability and numerous other sources. Knapp Architects was integral in the construction administration phase to actualize the design work of TEF Design and Walter Hood Landscape Design. We coordinated overall site issues with SFMTA and building rehabilitation with SF Public Works, including structural upgrades to the auditorium balcony and new toilet rooms, working closely with the Arts Commission and the Bayview Opera House organization.